Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Progress Update

Although I have been keeping you all informed of what I'm learning through my practice, I haven't really shared my progress. So in this post I will try and inform you of what I have accomplished thus far.

What I have been doing to for my project is available on my goals page. I have come close to or accomplished these goals which is good because the project is just about over.

I now can get about a 16.xx colour neutral average of 12 which isn't too far off of my original goal of 15.xx seconds.

I have also memorized nearly all of the 57 OLL algorithms which was a lot of work as well as all 21 of the PLL algorithms. I should be able to finish memorizing all of the OLLs very soon.

So overall I feel as though my work thus far has payed off and I have made a lot of progress in speed cubing. I have learned a ton through my practice sessions and through this I have really come to realize that you can't expect to get good at something without a LOT of practice. Practice is so important!

The main obstacle I had to overcome during this project was time restraints as I had been very busy with school and sports. I overcame this obstacle by setting aside a chunk of time before bed as my practice time which seemed to work very well. I also had a problem were sometimes I would forget an algorithm I had memorized because there are so many. I overcame this by memorizing the algorithm during the day and then before bed repeating it several more times. This seemed to make the algorithms I memorized very concrete in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment